Friday 4 December 2009

Child Soldier


This picture shows my oil painting showing a sad looking young girl soldier holding a gun that can kill. Size 30 x 30 in. Click image to enlarge.

It is a regrettable fact that throughout history and in many parts of the world, children have been extensively involved in military campaigns even when such practices were against cultural morals. Some of these children are orphans, while some are captured and kidnapped. They are then easily trained and forced to kill.

2 comments:

  1. This is a heart wrenching painting.
    Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Did you notice she has a tear drop down one of the eyes?

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Singapore, Singapore
I was born 1940 in Hong Kong.. After my first degree there, I left for training in England and continued with further studies and research at the Imperial College, London obtaining a PhD.. Since then I came to Singapore for an academic career.. I have now retired, take on a new passion and am active as an artist, doing sculptures, installations and oil paintings.. I was sponsored twice to present solo art exhibitions in Singapore, in 2007 and 2009. You can see my art website www.onesunartist.com.. I have since reinvent myself to take up writing, self-publishing 3 books.