Saturday 27 March 2010

Another of my Earliest Sculptures


I did this also at my extra-mural part-time class in 2003. This should be the second sculpture I ever did in class. It is a portrait sculpture, life-size. The material is cement reinforced with some fiberglass, hollow.

Looking back, I think the teacher/instructor make too big a jump in the way he progressed from the first to the second sculpture. At this second sculpture there were so many new sculpture techniques to learn. But I did manage the given task with just a slightly broken tip of the nose.

We followed a solid teaching model with muscles exposed and one eye closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Singapore, Singapore
I was born 1940 in Hong Kong.. After my first degree there, I left for training in England and continued with further studies and research at the Imperial College, London obtaining a PhD.. Since then I came to Singapore for an academic career.. I have now retired, take on a new passion and am active as an artist, doing sculptures, installations and oil paintings.. I was sponsored twice to present solo art exhibitions in Singapore, in 2007 and 2009. You can see my art website www.onesunartist.com.. I have since reinvent myself to take up writing, self-publishing 3 books.