Monday 8 March 2010

I am surrounding by my paintings

For the time being, I've finished hanging up my paintings, both along my staircase and in a room upstair. As my wall space is limited, the paintings are crowded together all over the walls.

These paintings were mostly painted for my large solo exhibition in October 2009 with the theme 'Our Changing World'. Thus they are mostly on topical issues, events and people from around the world. Their style is realism, many of them figurative.

When I walk up and down the staircase and through this room to take a short cut to my study room, I feel surrounded by thing to do with our world.

To show what I mean, I have taken a video of these hung up paintings, and have loaded it into YouTube. It is here, duration 9 min. Oil Paintings on 'Our Changing World'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Singapore, Singapore
I was born 1940 in Hong Kong.. After my first degree there, I left for training in England and continued with further studies and research at the Imperial College, London obtaining a PhD.. Since then I came to Singapore for an academic career.. I have now retired, take on a new passion and am active as an artist, doing sculptures, installations and oil paintings.. I was sponsored twice to present solo art exhibitions in Singapore, in 2007 and 2009. You can see my art website www.onesunartist.com.. I have since reinvent myself to take up writing, self-publishing 3 books.