Monday 14 December 2009

Mounting Board for this Round Printing

Continuing on the task in the earlier post, I've found a spare 4 x 4 ft foam PVC plastics board of suitable 10-mm thickness. With my portable jigsaw, I carefully sawed the circular profile with a diam slightly smaller than that of the printing. A central pivot hole is then drilled.

This round board is sufficiently stiff, and not too heavy. It's round shape makes it sligly awkward for one person to move it around. But fingers can be slipped into the central pivot hole to help with this task.

I then got a short pvc pipe for the central pivot and mounted it on my wooden A-shapes floor stand.

The arrangement shown below in my workshop is now ready for the gluing operation.



For this gluing, I plan to use spray adhesive. But I need to buy a new can as what I have now is a bit old and not working well.

But then, one thing bothers me. The circular edge needs to be framed to avoid the edge spaying. Frame materials in frame shops are all straight. This frame material has to be flexible to make it follow the circular profile. A split rubber hose is not the best frame, but there seems to be no other choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Singapore, Singapore
I was born 1940 in Hong Kong.. After my first degree there, I left for training in England and continued with further studies and research at the Imperial College, London obtaining a PhD.. Since then I came to Singapore for an academic career.. I have now retired, take on a new passion and am active as an artist, doing sculptures, installations and oil paintings.. I was sponsored twice to present solo art exhibitions in Singapore, in 2007 and 2009. You can see my art website www.onesunartist.com.. I have since reinvent myself to take up writing, self-publishing 3 books.