Friday 4 December 2009

Fifth Economic Era on Creative Human Talents


This is a very new economic era that has recently started. It is ongoing in only some parts of the world, like the US, some Europe countries, and is starting in Japan and some parts of many other countries, including Singapore.

The change is due very much to the powerful and extensive internet supported by other information and communication technologies. They cause a continual accelerating change to most human activities. As a result the most important driving force is the human talents with the knowledge, entreprenaurial abilities, and especially creative abilities.

The picture above shows my oil painting depicting this era, showing some of these creative human talents. Size 36 x 30 in. Click image to enlarge.

This and the previous four paintings on the Economic Eras had been displayed in my recent solo painting exhibition in Singapore. As this exhibition, which is a relatively large one is now over, these five paintings can be re-displayed as a mini-series, say in a less formal setting in one of the libraries of my old University.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Singapore, Singapore
I was born 1940 in Hong Kong.. After my first degree there, I left for training in England and continued with further studies and research at the Imperial College, London obtaining a PhD.. Since then I came to Singapore for an academic career.. I have now retired, take on a new passion and am active as an artist, doing sculptures, installations and oil paintings.. I was sponsored twice to present solo art exhibitions in Singapore, in 2007 and 2009. You can see my art website www.onesunartist.com.. I have since reinvent myself to take up writing, self-publishing 3 books.