Thursday 3 December 2009

Second Economic Era on Agriculture and Farming


Gradually human beings formed communities and settled down in suitable places. The gathering of wild plants was slowly replaced by agriculture culturing selected plants, and the hunting of wild animals by farming rearing selected animals. The main activities were grually replaced by agriculture and farming.

While tools were still useful, the main resources were land without which no agriculture or farming could by pursued effectively. For this reason, different communities under some leaderships sometimes fight other communities with hunting tools to occupy good land. The concept of terrorites, kingdom and countries were formed.

Bartering exchanges were slowly replaced by exchanges through some form of money.

The transition from the first to the second era occured around ten thousands year ago. This varied very much at different parts of the world.

The picture above shows my next oil painting to depict these activities of agriculture. The size is also 30 x 40 in. Click on the image to enlarge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Singapore, Singapore
I was born 1940 in Hong Kong.. After my first degree there, I left for training in England and continued with further studies and research at the Imperial College, London obtaining a PhD.. Since then I came to Singapore for an academic career.. I have now retired, take on a new passion and am active as an artist, doing sculptures, installations and oil paintings.. I was sponsored twice to present solo art exhibitions in Singapore, in 2007 and 2009. You can see my art website www.onesunartist.com.. I have since reinvent myself to take up writing, self-publishing 3 books.