Friday 4 December 2009

Give Us Clean Water


This is the photo (not too well taken) of my oil painting showing three composite scenes. On bottom left, a child is shown scooping dirty water from a stagnant pond for drinking. On bottom, a child is shown using a cheap but non-permanent solution to dirty water, sucking water through a special filter. At top centre is shown a long-term, but more expensive solution. It is a properly constructed deep well. It is cement lined with a rim around the well to avoid dirty water going back down the well shaft. Size of oil painting 30 x 36 in.

"The failure to provide safe drinking water and adeaquate sanitation services to all people is perhaps the greatest development failure of the 20th century. The worst consequence of this failure is the high rate of motality among young children from preventable water-related diseases."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Singapore, Singapore
I was born 1940 in Hong Kong.. After my first degree there, I left for training in England and continued with further studies and research at the Imperial College, London obtaining a PhD.. Since then I came to Singapore for an academic career.. I have now retired, take on a new passion and am active as an artist, doing sculptures, installations and oil paintings.. I was sponsored twice to present solo art exhibitions in Singapore, in 2007 and 2009. You can see my art website www.onesunartist.com.. I have since reinvent myself to take up writing, self-publishing 3 books.